EXL releases fourth annual Sustainability Report
“Sustainability holds a central place in our company's mission and purpose and we integrate sustainability into our strategic vision, organizational culture, brand identity, and the solutions and services we provide to our customers,” Rohit Kapoor EXL’s vice chairman and chief executive officer. “We are proud to be recognized for our ESG initiatives; EXL was honored for the second consecutive year as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by
Notable ESG milestones highlighted in the Sustainability Update Report include:
- Achieved a 44.4% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions from 2019-2022;
- Expanded use of renewable energy investments: added 99 kilowatts of on-site solar power in our
Pune, Kochi, and Noida centers; transitioned to 100% green energy in our UKand Punecenters, resulting in an estimated 8% emissions reduction;
- Reached 41% company-wide female representation and 20.3% female representation of our VP and above roles, as well as 61% racial and ethnic diversity1 within the management team2; Launched the
Umbrella Project, focused on supporting and allyship with our LGBTQ+ colleagues;
- Upskilled our employees through our new democratized talent development program, resulting in 1.2 million hours of training across our global workforce;
- Increased employee volunteer hours to 14,700 up from 4,000 in 2021 through the company’s community engagement program, benefitting more than 24,000 people worldwide, and surpassed our 2023 employee participation goal one year early, involving 16% of our global employees in our community initiatives;
- Expanded “Skills to Win” Initiative to enable new regional participation and resulting in more than 14,500 beneficiaries of these programs in
South Africa, the U.K., the Philippines, Indiaand the U.S.; and
- Recognized 46 individuals and six EXL teams through EXL's annual Social Impact Awards that honor employee contributions and inspire a culture of volunteerism and giving.
EXL prepared its Sustainability Report in accordance with the
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading data analytics and digital operations and solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. By bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, artificial intelligence and machine learning, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 48,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You should not place undue reliance on those statements because they are subject to numerous uncertainties and factors relating to EXL's operations and business environment, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond EXL’s control. Forward-looking statements include information concerning EXL’s possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of its business strategy. These statements may include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate” or similar expressions. These statements are based on assumptions that we have made in light of management's experience in the industry as well as its perceptions of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors it believes are appropriate under the circumstances. You should understand that these statements are not guarantees of performance or results. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although EXL believes that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, you should be aware that many factors could affect EXL’s actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors, which include our ability to maintain and grow client demand, our ability to hire and retain sufficiently trained employees, and our ability to accurately estimate and/or manage costs, rising interest rates, rising inflation and recessionary economic trends, are discussed in more detail in EXL’s filings with the
© 2023 ExlService Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. For more information go to www.exlservice.com/legal-disclaimer
+1 212 209 4613
1 Defined as any group other than White, Non-Hispanic
Source: ExlService Holdings, Inc.